Paris is a city full of culture and history. Food and wine play an important role in Parisian daily life, thus there is a lot to discover for foodies.
Let’s look at 10 Foodie Things you can do whilst you are visiting the city.
1. Visit Montmatre and enjoy the whole view of Paris. Check out the only remaining vineyard of Paris: “Clos Montmatre“. It dates back to 1932 and includes 27 grape varieties, including Gamay and Sauvignon.
|The view from Montmatre|
2) Eat Local food at the food market “Le Marche’ Des Enfants Rouge“. At “Le Coin Bio” you will find organic products and you can sit inside.
3) Want some macarons? Go to Damyel Paris in in the Marais. There is a wide variety of flavours and the quality is excellent.
4) Have breakfast at Cafe St-Regis, near the Notre Dame Cathedral. Get the Formule Coupe De Couer, which includes bread, croissant, egg, coffee and juice.
5) Try jewish pastries, like the “Cigar Libannais” at the bakery Korcarz, in the Jewish area.
6) Sample Korean food at restaurant Bekseju Village, near Place D’Italie. Bulgogi and fried chicken are must-try.
7) Need a break during the trip? Have a Parisian hot chocolate (with whipped cream, of course) at Café Des Concerts.
8) Buy some wines to bring back home at “Le Repair De Bacchus“, a chain of wine shops in Paris.
9) Have dinner at Le Verre Vole‘ near Canal Saint Martin. Get the cooked ham and the cheese platter. You can choose among a variety of natural wines to drink or take away.
10) Have a crepe bretonne at Alizée Creperie. You’ll find organic crepes, both salty and sweet. One of the best is with jamon serrano!!
|Crepe with serrano|